Colombia Green & Gold Sweepstakes
Colombia Green & Gold Sweepstakes
Terms & Conditions
LATAM Airlines Group, S.A. d/b/a LAN Airlines
NO PURHCASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- SPONSOR.LATAM Airlines Group S.A. d/b/a LAN Airlines, 6500 NW 22 St., Miami, Florida, 33122 (“LAN Airlines” or “LAN” or “Sponsor”).
- PROMOTION PERIOD. The Colombia Green & Gold Sweepstakes(“Promotion”) begins on August 3, 2015at2:00 p.m. Eastern StandardTime(EST) and ends on September 4, 2015at 11:59 p.m. EST(“Promotion Period”) and is only valid within such Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS. Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous United Sates and the District of Columbia(the “Territory”),who are 18 years of age and older as of date of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsors, or their respective affiliates or associate companies, as well as those who assist or work on a permanent basis with Sponsors, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible to participate in the Promotion.. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree and accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Do not proceed to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the Territory.
Those whose place of residence is outside of the Territory may only access the Promotion’s webpage and application, but are not entitled to become a Grand Prize winner.
Those who have won a promotion organized bySponsorduring the past three(3) years with Sponsor are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- HOW TO ENTER AND WIN.No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Internet access is required to enter and all entries must be submitted online through the Contest Landing Page (as defined below) during the Promotion Period. To enter without purchase or obligation, during the Promotion Period entrants must:
Visit and access www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/greenandgold (the “Contest Landing Page”) and complete all required fields of the online entry form pursuant to the instructions provided. Once the entry form is filled out in its entirety and submitted, entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. One (1) additional entry can be obtained by each Participant registered for the promotion if Participant shares that they have entered the promotion via Facebook or Twitter through the “share” buttons provided by Sponsor on the “Contest Landing Page.” Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified.
By following these steps entrants accept to be bound by these Official Rules, agree that the decisions of Sponsor are final, and become automatically entered to win the Grand Prize (as defined below). Limit of two entries per person as specified above, throughout the Promotion Period.
Entrants must provide a valid e-mail address to Sponsor. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account used to register for the Promotion on the date the entry was submitted to the Sponsor. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized e-mail account holder.
The register of entrants will be stored in a database belonging to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to cross-reference between the database of customers registered for the Promotion and internal databases, to later send participants e-mails inviting them to become LANPASS or Fidelidademembers, offering special offers or promotions, requesting to updates to their records and emails, in addition to sending offers and promotions from Sponsor or its affiliates and other promotional partners involved in this Sweepstakes including PROCOLOMBIA, ExOfficio, DeLorme, World Nomads, Active Junky, Brazil Nuts and The Clymb. By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on an email mailing list for promotional and other purposes from Sponsors, its affiliates and other partners.
- GRAND PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win the following Grand Prize package describedwithin this section.
Total Approximate Grand Prize Retail Value: USD$10,497.95.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize may vary and may change subject to current market conditions at the time of fulfillment.
Grand Prize ticket does not include taxes such as airport taxes, personal items, additional flights, trips, extra meals, surcharges or any administration fees that may apply. These costs must be paid at the time of issuing ticket. In the event, the Grand Prize winner would have to travel to an airport where LAN Airlines operates flights, the Grand Prize winner shall be responsible for all costs associated with such travel, whether by air or ground. Expenses not specifically stated in these rules, such as, travel insurance, transportation or transfers within the country of residence of the winning participant and their companion (even when they reside outside the city from which they leave and/or to that where the flight returns) and or to/from airports, meals, gas, transportation costs, or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
LAN will issue e-tickets unless otherwise instructed. Paper ticket will incur fees payable due by Grand Prize winner. Ticket is non-transferable and will not be re-issued if lost or stolen. Change fees may apply. Tickets will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion. Once issued, tickets are not transferable, nor may be negotiated or transferred to another person.Grand Prize winner and his/her companion must travel at the same time and travel the same itinerary and flights.Sponsors are not responsible for any missed connections, delays of any kind or any expenses incurred as a result of the use of this ticket. At the time the trip is made, the Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion are respectively responsible for carrying all necessary documents such as passports and visas, or any other such documentation, that may be required.
Sponsors are not responsible for difficulties experienced by the Winners and/or his/her failure to obtain any and all applicable visas and travel documents.
No prize substitution, cash equivalent or transfer permitted except at sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute all or part of the Grand Prize with one of comparable or greater value. Additional upgrades and options are at the sole expense of the winner. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Grand Prize Winner will not receive the difference between actual value and ARV. There is no full or partial cash refund permitted for tickets issued in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be negotiated or exchanged for money or any other goods.
Sponsors and its affiliate carriers’ tickets are valid on regularly scheduled, published flights, and not on any code-shared flights operated by a carrier other than Sponsors or its affiliates. Trip subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round-trip. Winner must confirm with Sponsors to verify any additional blackout dates not listed herein. Due to high demand in air-travel, the Grand Prize is subject space availability. LAN Airlines or LAN Peru and/or its affiliates do not guarantee, beforehand, the availability of space on any of the air routes hotels, cruise, gear herein mentioned or that might be selected by the winner(s). All reservations are the sole responsibility of the winners and not of the Sponsors. Blackout dates may apply and reservations are subject to availability.
LAN Airlines, LAN Peru, LAN Express and /or its affiliates are not responsible for injuries or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise outside the scope of air transportation provided. LAN Airlines and its affiliates’ liability is limited in accordance to the terms and conditions of the Contract of Carriage and is subject to the provisions of the Montreal Convention and other applicable international or domestic rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
The earliest the Grand Prize Winner’s flight reservation may be confirmed is 45 days prior to his/her departure date.
The feature of the Grand Prize is fixed and modifications are not permitted by winner.
The Grand Prize air tickets will not be considered for LANPASS classification of any of the LANPASS member categories, or to move from one category to another, and do not include the right to earn kilometers miles in the LANPASS Frequent Flyer Program, with Oneworld, or any other program that might be implemented in the future.
GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE:The Grand Prize is a 7-day trip to Bogota and Tayrona National Park in Colombia, plus airfare from anywhere in the US to Colombia, for two (2), which includes Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion. The packages are more particularly described below.
Travel must commence on or after October 1, 2015 and be completed by November 30, 2016.
Grand Prize Winner must verify with Sponsor at time of booking to ensure additional Sponsor and/or Partner black-outdates, as well as any additional restrictions and all prize redemption is subject to availability. Sponsor and partners reserve the right to arrange and/or modify the air travel based on, but not limited to, acts of God and weather conditions.
FLIGHTS AND PACKAGES
Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
Flights to Colombia
- Two (2) round-trip confirmed space (fare code DM001-0) airfare tickets in Economy Class on flights operated by LAN Airlines or its affiliated carriers from LOS ANGELES (LAX) or MIAMI (MIA) or NEW YORK (JFK) on LAN or its affiliateto Bogota, Colombia. Average retail value: USD$3,000 for the two round-trip tickets.
- Should the Grand Prize Winner not reside in LAX, MIA or JFK, Sponsor will cover costs of flights for Grand Prize Winner and companion departing from any airport in the fifty (50) US Status and the District of Columbia with direct flights to one of the aforementioned gateways (MIA, LAX or JFK), not exceeding a total value of $2,000 for both Grand Prize Winner and companion.
- Brazil Nuts will provide the Grand Prize Winner and companion one (1) Colombia Green & Gold package, a 7-day/6-night trip to Colombia for two (2), which may include transfers, tours, admissions, meals, and hotel accommodations in a standard room fitted with two (2) twin beds, a total average retail value of USD $3,080, courtesy of Brazil Nuts. Gear, personal items, tips and flights from/to US and within Colombia are not provided.
- Colombia Green & Gold package provided by Brazil Nuts is valid for one year from July 27,2015 to July 26, 2016. Restrictions and blackout dates including December 15, 2015 – January 15, 2016 and other selected dates apply and subject to Brazil Nuts approval.
The above mentioned blackout dates are subject to change and must be confirmed with Sponsor at time of Prize Redemption.
PRODUCTS, SERVICES, GEAR AND OUTERWEAR
Grand Prize Winner and will receive
Grand Prize Gear and Outerwear are subject to ExOfficio available stock inventory and subject to their approval.
Grand Prize Gear and Adventure Gear are subject to Active Junky available stock inventory and subject to their approval.
DeLorme will provide the Grand Prize Winner one (1) InReach Explorer (global satellite communicator) plus two months of satellite airtime, with an average retail value of USD $509.95, courtesy of DeLorme.
Grand prize inReach Explorer with 2 months of airtime is subject to DeLorme stock availability and approval.
World Nomads will provide the Grand Prize Winner and companion travel insurance (Explorer Plan for two weeks in Colombia) for two (2), with an average retail value of USD $208, courtesy of World Nomads. (Winners must agree to read the policy and agree to the terms and conditions to ensure the Explorer travel insurance plan fits their needs.)
Please note that due to restrictions and regulations, the winners will have to purchase the insurance themselves and World Nomads will reimburse them for the full amount (as a credit card charge back).
The Clymb will award the Grand Prize Winner and companion a total value of USD $200 in Clymb Credit, allocated in $100 amounts, courtesy of The Clymb.
The Clymb accounts must be created by the winners before credits can be issued. The Clymb Credits may only be spent on merchandise and cannot be used towards any shipping, handling, or other applicable transaction costs on the site. You may not use credits to buy Gift Certificates. Credits may not be used with other promotional offers. Credit may be used in conjunction with your existing account credit. Credits are automatically applied to your purchases at checkout. Credits have no cash value by themselves; they can only be used with purchase of items on theclymb.com.
- WINNERS SELECTION, NOTIFICATION, AND VERIFICATION. Each Grand Prize Winner will be notified through the email provided. If the Grand Prize Winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within one (1) week from the time Sponsor first attempts to notify him/her; (iii) fails to accept the Grand Prize within two (2) business days (iv) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified below; (v) refuses the Grand Prize; and/or (vi) the Grand Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such Grand Prize Winner will have forfeited all rights to win the Promotion or receive the Grand Prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. After three (3) such alternate winners have been selected without securing eligible winners, the Grand Prize may remain un-awarded. The Winner must meet all eligibility requirements of the Promotion to be declared the “Winner” of the Promotion.
ALL POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE PROMOTION SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE GRAND PRIZE WINNERS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
Potential Grand Prize winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) (except where prohibited), which must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize (if applicable). All alternate potential winners (as described above) are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
- RELEASE. By receipt of any prize, all Grand Prize winners agree to release and hold harmless Lan Airlines, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:The Grand Prize Winner agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsors, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and affiliated entities or subsidiaries, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Winners’ acceptance or use of the Grand Prize.By participating in this Promotion, the participant accepts to abide by the Official Rules of the Promotion, as well as the decisions of the judges, rights, claims and actions of any kind that may arise in connection or as a result of the acceptance or use of the Grand Prize.Neither Sponsors nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent entries or emails; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction.
- 9. TAXES. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize stated above is based on Sponsors’ available information. Participants understand that the value of the Grand Prize will be taxable to winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide Sponsors’ with valid identification and a signed form W-9 with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Residents of the 48 contiguous United States that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Grand Prize winner must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
- 10. OTHER POINTS. Incomplete entries are void. The Grand Prize is not transferable or assignable. The Grand Prize Winner will receive instructions on claiming the tickets via the same e-mail provided to Sponsor. Any change or errors to the email address is solely and exclusively the participant’s responsibility, and not Sponsors.
Any and all person(s) accepting the Grand Prize, so long as there are no legal prohibitions, agree to Sponsor’s and its agent’s use of his/her name, voice, opinions, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness on Sponsor’s USA Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages or for advertising or publicity purposes on any and all other media (print and digital) on a worldwide basis, and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the Grand Prize relating to Sponsor or its affiliates, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law.
Any difficulty or doubt that arises in relation to the validity, interpretation or use of this Promotion will be resolved by the courts in Miami-Dade County, Florida, in compliance with Florida law.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for any technical problems or technical malfunction that may affect the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to hardware or software errors, faulty computer, telephone, cable satellite, network, electronic, wireless or internet connectivity or other online communication problems, errors or limitation of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers, grabbled, jumbled or faulty data transmission; failure of any e-mail transmissions, inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website, among others.
The use of automated entry or similar devices is prohibited and entries through such prohibited devices are void.
Sponsor reservesthe right to amend these Official Rules, or to cancel or suspend this Promotion if its integrity is impaired by a virus or computer malfunction.
Inquiries regarding the Grand Prize Winner and/or a copy of the Official Rules must be made by December 1, 2015 to LATAM Airlines Group, S.A. d/b/a LAN Airlines,Attn: Peak Seasons Sweepstakes, Marketing, 6500 NW 22 Street, Miami, Florida,33122.