Smart Deals: Triple Creek Ranch, Montana
What’s the Deal: April may bring spring showers, but in Montana, it brings the annual skwala stonefly hatch, the unofficial start of Western trout fishing. Triple Creek Ranch, the legendary luxury resort high in the Bitterroot Mountain Range of the Montana Rockies, seizes this short-lived moment with its annual Bitterroot Skwala Hatch Celebration. The Bitterroot Skwala Hatch Celebration runs April 10-14, 2014. This is the sweet spot where fly fishing and luxury meet.
Backstory: The Celebration is hosted by Triple Creek Ranch’s co-owner, Craig Barrett (retired chairman and CEO of Intel and an accomplished fly fisherman). He welcomes guests to his Relais & Châteaux ranch in Montana to drift float the adjacent Bitterroot River during the Skwala Hatch with Orvis-endorsed guides and sample the pinnacle of Western Living at Triple Creek Ranch. After a day on the water, guests return to the comfort of the Ranch, where 23 luxury cabins are tucked into the tall pines, decorated with pieces from the owners’ museum-quality Western art collection. Each evening, participants gather for cocktails, fine dining and fish tales of the day. They enjoy the culinary magic of Chef Jacob Leatherman, himself a devoted fly fisherman, who recently debuted at the prestigious James Beard House in New York. The wine cellar, overseen by sommelier Jeremy White, has won nine Wine Spectator Awards.
Details: Bitterroot Skwala Hatch Celebration
- Four-night minimum stay for two adults, double occupancy, in a Luxury Cabin.
- Full day guided, fly fishing float trip on the Bitterroot River.
- Half day of trap shooting and sporting clays combined with a half day guided, fly fishing float trip on the Bitterroot River.
- Choice of inclusive ranch activities and events.
- Montana Fishing Licenses.
- Special Orvis fishing vests.
- Rate includes luxurious accommodations for two people, breakfast, lunch, gourmet dinner, snacks, packed lunches, house wines and spirits and all ranch activities and events such as horseback riding, 24-hour fitness center, tennis, on-ranch fly fishing in the stocked ponds, horse shoes, archery, hiking, birding and nature tours and photo safaris.
- Four-night Skwala Hatch package rate for a Luxury Cabin is $5,500, double occupancy
- Single Rates Available. Prices subject to change. This package cannot be applied to existing reservations and cannot be combined with any other offer. Taxes and gratuities are not included in the package rate.