Smart Deals: Travel with Adventurous Joe Coffee to Costa Rica
What’s the Deal: John Connelly used to head up L.L. Bean’s Outdoor Discovery School. Then he started Adventurous Joe Coffee, importing fair trade coffees to the US. On this trip to Costa Rica, he combines both of his passions.
Details: On this trip, participants will
- Jungle kayak on a placid river through the Torteguero National Park amid howler and spider monkeys and a spectacular array of birds.
- Enjoying the famed Mawumba eco-lodge at the Torteguero National Park on the Caribbean Sea with its tree frog project.
- Raft the whitewater of the Pacuare River Gorge.
- Explore the Rios Tropicales rainforest eco-lodge, which has zip lining through the canopy.
- Learning about the sustainability initiatives supporting the lodge and the local community
- Have a coffee farm tour to learn about sustainable practices, the cultivation, harvesting and processing of coffee.
- April 24- May 3, 2014
Fine Print: $2,050 per person, all inclusive except for airfare and gratuities.
Booking: Adventurous Joe