Win a Weeklong Castle Stay with The Wayfarers: Walk in the Devon Locations for Steven Spielberg’s War Horse
The Wayfarers and Everett Potter’s Travel Report Team up for
The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway
We’re thrilled to be giving away The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway, a Weeklong Castle Stay with The Wayfarers. On this walk with the legendary English walking company, you’ll get to explore Devon, England at the locations for Steven Spielberg’s War Horse movie.
The six-night Pentillie Castle Walk in Devon and Cornwall has been organized and led by The Wayfarers, the quintessential English walking company. The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway is for two adults, sharing and will be given away in conjunction with Everett Potter’s Travel Report, the travel website that The Wall Street Journal cites as “a terrific mix of profiles and interviews, all designed to make the best use of your travel budget.” The prize is worth $8,500.
Accommodations are in the dramatic Pentillie Castle(built 1698), on the banks of the Tamar River, which forms the border between Devon and Cornwall.
Based on the novel War Horse, by Michael Morpurgo, the story illustrates the true history of how horses were commandeered from the countryside across Britain and used in the World War I effort. The author lives in Devon,England, and his tale was grounded in the culture and countryside of that county.
It’s that countryside that inspired Spielberg, who said “I have never before, in my long and eclectic career, been gifted with such an abundance of natural beauty as I experienced filming War Horse on Dartmoor … And, with two-and-a-half weeks of extensive coverage of landscapes and skies, I hardly scratched the surface of the visual opportunities that were offered to me.”
Led by Muff Dudgeon, Walk Leader, and Dr Tom Greeves, Dartmoor Cultural Historian and Environmentalist, participants will visit Ringmoor Down for beautiful views of the Burrator Reservoir and the hamlet of Sheepstor. There’s also Ditsworthy Warren House, which served Spielberg as the Narracott family home and scene of Joey the horse’s formative years and triumphant homecoming. Contest winners may if they choose take a horseback ride on the Moor in the afternoon to continue in the hoof prints of War Horse (an optional extra for other participants).
Visiting War Horse film sites on Dartmoor is just one day of a fantastic week-long itinerary that encompasses a tour of historic Plymouth (Pilgrim Fathers, Spanish Armada), coastal walking in Cornwall and a visit to a former home of Sir Francis Drake. Gentler coastal estates include Tudor Cotehele with its own quay and stewpond, andMount Edgcumbe with its Grade I Cornish gardens. Pentillie Castle is home for the entire week and The Wayfarers have exclusive use of the property.
The giveaway, which runs from April 1 to 30, 2012, is for one Pentillie Castle Walk prize. The prize is a trip for two adults, sharing one room, on either September 23 to 29, 2012 or October 7 to 13. 2012. Airfare is not included and alternate dates are not available. The winner can use The Wayfarers travel planning services to help them organize their trip. Visit Everett Potter’s Travel Report for full contest details. Readers are invited to enter The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway daily.
So enter daily for a chance to win The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway from The Wayfarers and Everett Potter’s Travel Report.
ABOUT THE WAYFARERS
Named by National Geographic Traveler as purveyor of one of the “50 Tours of a Lifetime,” and by National Geographic Adventure as one of the “Best Hiking Companies,” The Wayfarers offers an eco-sensitive “walking” holiday of both culture and fitness in 14 countries with 46 itineraries and 80 departure dates. Now in its 29th year, The Wayfarers offers exclusive entrées into homes and gardens otherwise closed to the public, graceful accommodations, outstanding cuisine, and meetings with local residents. Walks are from 6-13 days and are rated on a five-level challenge scale. The Wayfarers is also a member of Trusted Adventures, dedicated to the highest standards of small-group travel and to giving back to the places visited.
This prize is for one (1) Pentillie Castle Walk trip for two adults, sharing one (1) room, on either September 23 to 29, 2012 or October 7 to 2013. Airfare is not included and alternate dates are not available. The winner can use The Wayfarers travel planning services to help them organize their trip. Readers are invited to enter The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway daily. The giveaway, which runs from April 1 to 30, 2012
HOW TO ENTER AND WIN
For a chance to win The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway, just fill out the form below. Multiple entries are welcome, so come back and enter once a day through April 30, 2012. Complete rules are below. The winner will be notified by e-mail on or about May 15, 2012.
Important: Please adjust your spam filter to enable receipt of e-mails with the domain EverettPottersTravelReport.com, so that we can notify you if you’re a winner. Good luck!
Sorry, this giveaway has ended!
COMPLETE RULES: The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway
Presented by EverettPottersTravelReport.com and The Wayfarers
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. How to Enter. Between12:00pmEastern Time (“ET”) onApril 1, 2012and11:59pm ETonApril 30, 2012, (the “Giveaway Period”), you may log onto EverettPottersTravelReport.com to enter this Giveaway. To enter, fill out your full name and email on the entry form and click “Submit Now.” Entrants may enter once a day, each day, during the Giveaway Period.
All entrants must have a valid e-mail address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of EverettPottersTravelReport.com and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prize will require a street address (no P.O. Boxes) upon winning. EverettPottersTravelReport.com is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by this web site.
2. Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the 50United States, theDistrict of Columbia, andCanadawho are 21 or older as of date of entry. Proof of age and legalUSresidency may be required. Void outside of the 50United Statesand theDistrict of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees and partners of EverettPottersTravelReport.com, The Wayfarers, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/partners are not eligible to enter. This Giveaway may only be entered in or from theUnited Statesand entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Giveaway if you are not located within theUnited States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Random Drawing/Odds. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by EverettPottersTravelReport.com on or aboutMay 15, 2012. By entering the Giveaway, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these official rules (“Complete Rules”) and the decisions of EverettPottersTravelReport.com, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway.
4. Prize. The prize will be given to one (1) winner. The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway prize is for one (1) Pentillie Castle Walk trip for two adults, sharing one (1) room, on either September 23 to 29, 2012 or October 7 to 13, 2012. Airfare is not included and alternate dates are not available. The winner can use The Wayfarers travel planning services to help them organize their trip. Readers are invited to enter The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway daily. The giveaway runs from April 1 to 30, 2012
No credit will be extended for unused portion of the package. Package may not be redeemed for cash, resold or transferred. Gratuities are not included. Airfare is not included. The cash value of the prize is approximately $8,500.
The winning prize is valid from either September 23 to 29, 2012orOctober 7 to 13, 2012.
Winner’s certificate is for (2) two people sharing the same accommodations. No credit will be extended for unused portion of the package. Package may not be redeemed for cash, resold or transferred.
In order to redeem the prize, the winner must contact The Wayfarers after notification fromEverett Potter’s Travel Report. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
Winner will receive a prize email which must be submitted at time of booking or the space is not valid. The letter will contain instructions for redeeming the prize. The prize may not be sold on eBay or any other auction site, nor may it be sold directly to anyone for cash. Otherwise, the offer becomes invalid.
5. Notification. The winner will be notified by e-mail on or aboutMay 15, 2012. If the winner does not respond to our e-mailed notification within fourteen (14) calendar days of first notification attempt, if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Complete Rules, such prize will be forfeited and EverettPottersTravelReport.com reserves the right to select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
6. Conditions. By entering, you agree to opt-in for weekly emails fromEverett Potter’s Travel Report and occasional emails on special offers, promotions and news from The Wayfarers. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in this Giveaway and acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s permission for EverettPottersTravelReport.com, and The Wayfarers to use his/her name, address (hometown and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Giveaway or EverettPottersTravelReport.com for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. EverettPottersTravelReport.com and The Wayfarers are not responsible if the prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Complete Rules or attempt to interfere with this Giveaway in any way will be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate.
7. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide EverettPottersTravelReport.com with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. EverettPottersTravelReport.com, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Giveaway, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Giveaway or downloading any materials in this Giveaway.
EverettPottersTravelReport.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Giveaway should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Giveaway or for any other reason EverettPottersTravelReport.com deems it necessary. In such case, EverettPottersTravelReport.com may, at its discretion, select the winner from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. EverettPottersTravelReport.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Giveaway or web site. EverettPottersTravelReport.com may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or EverettPottersTravelReport.com representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EVERETTPOTTERSTRAVELREPORT.COM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE PERPETRATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THENEW YORKCOURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OFNEW YORKSHALL GOVERN THIS GIVEAWAY. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THESE COURTS.
8. Name of Winner. To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope byMay 20, 2012to:Everett Potters Travel Report Attn: The Wayfarers War Horse Giveaway Winner,146 Third Avenue,Pelham,NY10803.